Friday, October 12, 2012

Last summer post





I realized well into my 2nd summertime post that I should probably break this up into 3 parts.

I always insert pics of us at the pool cuz that is honestly what we did all summer long. Here and there we would do other things, but for the most part we were camped out poolside.

and here we are...at the pool...again. Bronson found it
to spit water into my belly button.

I had to document this. How bad of a mom are you
when your kid falls asleep folded in half in a
shopping cart? It didn't help that a week
later we found out Bronson had strep
throat. The poor boy was exhausted.

and here's miss crazy face. I found it so strange
that my almost three year old was passed
out while my 5 month old was wide awake
 and ready to party.
Averi at the Grant County Fair. This girl is happy
as long as we are out and about and keeping busy,
I guess she takes after me in a few ways.



Bronson & Jeremy in line for space burgers.
looking at the sleepy, overheated bears...I found
this a little weird...poor bears.
Waving to the elephants. He would have been
perfectly content to just watch them all
day, but mama & Averi were hot and ready
to move on...we then introduced frozen
lemonade to Bronson....his life was
forever changed ;)
Another first for the Bubba man. Kinda sad.
But at least he will only have fond memories
of the merry-go-round. He loved it  :)
I convinced the carni (haha) to let me ride with
Bronson. This was by far his favorite ride.
Giving those piggies some love. 
Bronson and his lemonade



    The kids and I headed back to Seattle in late 
 August to celebrate my dad's birthday and I finally got to meet my friend 
        Holly's daughter Ava Jane. She is such a little 
doll and was so good the entire visit :)
Bronson's reaction when the first bird flew to
his feeding stick was hilarious. He pretty much
jumped out of his skin. But then he quickly
recovered and all the birdies became his
little friends. 
While in Seattle we took a trip to Point
Defiance Zoo in Tacoma with my sister
Tisha, and her girls.



they had camel rides and Bronson surprised me by
actually wanting to go on one. it was a first for
both of us :)
It was such a fun day and Av even cooperated & snoozed in her stroller. Wish this could do things like this more regularly but it does make it extra special when we do.

I was also able to get together with some of my good high school friends & their babies. We had a little play date at my parent's house. Four adults and 7 kids. We are officially outnumbered by our children. I love these girls and its always so awesome to get to see them even if it is just a few times a year.

Katie & Bo, Av & me

Mandy holding Averi with her son Keagan beside her. 
Red Robin run with Nikki, Jake & the kids.
Could that smile be any more genuine?!
after dinner we went to the bouncy house at the super mall 

Nikki & Jake, some of my bff's. lol. love these guys

Averi turned 6 months while I was over there so I snapped of few shots of her.
I have more fun dressing this girl up than I can tell you. Her eyes look so blue sometimes, but most days they look green. I'm assuming a brown or hazel will be in her future. Bronson's eyes were changing even up to his 2nd bday. We will see...

The day I was packing up to head back home Bronson passed out on this chair in my parent's living room at 10AM. Not normal behavior for this boy. So I took his temp and sure enough he was sick. It actually made the drive home really awesome because Bronson slept the whole time (with a brief intermission of a puking episode...yuck) but because he slept, Averi was able to take a few naps. Bronson usually tries to keep her up and make her laugh. lol.

And there you have it, Strep throat. So sorry if this picture makes you want to vom.  I find it kind of interesting...but yes it does give me chills too. Poor kiddo. Took him to the Dr's when we got home & got him on meds. 
The very next weekend we headed BACK to Seattle for my grandmother's memorial service.
We stayed at the Comfort Inn Suites close to the Southcenter Mall and decided to take
Bronson to the Rain Forrest Cafe for the first time. He was pretty impressed with the alligator  :)

Miss A and I waiting for our table while Bronson and Daddy shopped around... Something's a little backwards here... :/

There was a froggy wandering around so naturally I had to take a pic with it.
Bronson would not take a pic with the creepy frog by himself.

Bronson and Averi watching cartoons in the morning. They both surprisingly slept amazing
during our trip. Averi even took some great naps with Bronson jumping off the walls in that room.
Bronson working his charm on my Aunt Jill  in the hotel lobby :)

Bronson & Teeny all shnazzy after the Memorial Service. Love 'em

The first Grand-daughter holding the newest Grand-daughter. Girls gotta stick together. :)
Lai Lai & Av <3 

So, that was our summer. We stayed busy enough to keep me energized and the kids exhausted. Everything a stay-at-home mom could ask for :) The last event of the summer was Bronson's 3rd Birthday...but that, of course, gets its own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment